12.07.2008

"What About Your Friendssss....."



What's the true definition of a friend???? Does anyone even know what a friend is??? Ok, let me break it down for you & after reading this, let's just see how many of you can consider your self a true FRIEND. A friend is someone you know, you like, TRUST, as well as provide sympathy and support to. Over the span of my life, I can say I've met & kept in touch with quite a few people who fit into this category. However, I can also say I've encountered a few who claim they are when their really not. With age comes knowledge and as I get older, my views on certain things have changed. I can't and won't say I may be turning into a callous individual but I will say I'm turning into an individual who has no time for games and focusing my energy on frivolous squabble.


I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine recently and at the end of our conversation we realized that no matter how old some people get, their ways will never change. Even though we have grown into graceful, educated, strong, beautiful women, its sad to see some still remain, birdish, hating, miserable tyrants. Instead of hating on one another and supporting one another, we as a breed waste way too much time and energy hating on one another. I will admit I use to be one of those individuals but with age, I've changed into a better person. I would have to say of lot of who I've become has a lot to do with the individuals I have within my circle of old and new friends.


So much has taken place within our country within the last few months, that it sadness me how people seem to worry more over who said this, did this, slept with him/her, that their losing focus on the more important things like, will I still be employed tomorrow, will I be able to continue paying for my health care....I mean come on people, what's really important to you??? My girlfriend told me, "When your the topic of your haters every conversation, smile and continue to give them something to talk about!!! You can't control everyones thoughts and actions so let them be....Continue to be who you are and never change a damn thing because of them". She damn sure got that right.....So with that, I would like to take this time out to THANK my supporters (HI HATER, HI HATER) because without you, I wouldn't be who I am today ;)




Sincerely yours....Miss Dior!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say "Never mind what haters say, ignore them till the fade away".

Peggy M. said...

I don't think I have many real friends in the true meaning of the word, I do however have several people that I am cordial with.

Like you, I think some women are too trivial at times... it's almost as if we aren't meant to get along. Real friends don't criticize negatively, they criticize constructively. Real friends agree and disagree on different levels but never hold grudges.

Personally, I love the "haters" [hate that word though...lol]. It makes me feel like I'm doing something - whether good or bad - to be spoken about. I love being the topic of discussion. Who doesn't?

Mr. Oscar Wilde said it best:


"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

Fab4 said...

Question to you, do you find it hard @ times to remain cordial to certain individuals knowing they haven't been a friend to you are even shown you the same courtesy you've extended by being cordial? This at times becomes a battle for me. However, I always end up on the road of decency regardless of the individual’s behavior.

I totally agree with this line…"It's almost as if we aren't meant to get along". It saddens me terribly because I feel this only happens amongst women of color!!! I can't for the life of me understand why it’s so much easier for us to tear each other down, SMFH.

The quote speaks volumes of truth!!!

Miss Dior!!

Peggy M. said...

Well we all know that I'm the proclaimed "nice" girl ... so it's not really hard to remain cordial with those who don't reciprocate it, unfortunately.

Sucks being nice, lol.

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

I'm very "iffy" when it comes to who I call a friend because it's hard to find friends (true friends), especially in today's society.

I love the haters...even the ones in my family, for they all make me a better person :)

(*Let's give a big hand clap to the haters*)

Peggy M. said...

***clapping***

Fab4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fab4 said...

Yes...*clap, clap* to all the haters. Well, I grew up without friends because I always kept to myself. Then, the close friend I had, slept with my boyfriend. I was young but it was at this point of my life where I began to dislike females. I still really can't stand females for many reasons and that's why at the end of the day I stick to my FAB Ladies.

I am not quick to call people my friends. I call them associates. I quickly cut people off that are negative towards me and in life because I can be miserable all by my damn self...if I wanted to. I don't need any company for that.

I don't know about the cordial thing..lol. I'm not naturally a cordial individual. However, I can ACT cordial but quickly turn on your ass if you take advantage of me being "cordial".

I do agree that us females need to uplift each other more though.

*INDIE*

Fab4 said...

It's shocking to say but i can count the number of people in my life that have the title of 'friend' just by using my both hands. To all those who have that cherished spot in my life to be my friend, i love you for life.
To the others who have attained the titles of 'associate' or 'acquaintance', dont fear, we will still chill and party and have a good time but at the end of the day, when there is something important for me to share, know YOU are not on my speed dial.
As someone said to me today, Hate is a form of repressed Love so to all who Hate me and to ALL my HATERS...I LOVE YOU TOO...HAHAHAHAHA!!!
BULLLLLEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!


**Maia**

The FEATURE™ said...

I love this one Miss Dior...

I for one have the fortunate nature of having many friends (yes, true friends), but I do know the difference between a friend and acquaintance. Although, I'd love to say that all my acquaintances are friends too, the truth is they aren't. I believe the individual you are yesterday, today and tomorrow dictates who your friends are at that time in your life. However, knowing the value in your friends, acquaintances and even your "haters", is what will set you apart from the generic breed of relationships we have today. It sounds like a callous theory, but sometimes you have to find the value in people in order to know where they stand in your life. I value my friends, because they are always there when I need them the most, however they will always keep it real and tell me like it is when I need that the most. Acquaintances do the same, but more times than none, that passion or concern for your well being isn't there to back up what they say.

Sidenote to Miss Dior: You and I have traveled through life together since JHS and I'm glad we are true friends. Love you sis!

Fab4 said...

**Round of applause for all our HATERS**

Miss BC..The family HATERS are definitely the biggest supporters, SMDH. We should get them a nice gift for Xmas for all their hard work & support, lmao, lmao

Dre its been 15+ yrs now & I'm extremely grateful to have a BROTHER, yes I said brother because you are everything which describes this term to me!! Couldn't ask for a better person to be on this journey called life with me so with that...I LOVE you big bro!!!

Enough with this mushy shit, lol, lol

Miss Dior!!

The FEATURE™ said...

*shedding an emotional tear* for feeling so loved...hahaha...

To Peggy: I think you have a great many real friends. I find it hard to believe that with a personality like yours that you don't have many real friends. Since I've known you, you've been like the epitome of the social butterfly and always commanding attention when you walk into a room. Either way, you can count me as one of your real friends, even though I don't get my frequent calls like I'd like...lol. Love ya babes!

To MAIA and INDIE: Don't feel too bad about the friendship thing. Most studies show that human beings, though social as we are, don't hold friends as a priority in our lives. Many times, we tend to be nomadic individuals and only when we settle into our lives, occupations and relationships do we feel the need to establish more meaningful relationships with random people. However, the few exceptions are the ones that have established a bond with their significant networks from childhood (i.e. Miss Dior and myself). Eventually and almost always, in your later years, you will either have the friends you have now or establish new friendships that reflect your current life at the time.

To BCU: Family is the biggest group of haters in life. You don't get to choose your family, but you can choose your friends. And we generally choose the friends that best reflect our qualities and appreciate what we do, sort of our very own cheerleading section. This goes to the description of "like-minded individuals" and "great minds think alike."