1.18.2009

THE NEXT BITCH


Sooo...I was cleaning out some old files in my computer and I came across a poem I wrote a few years back while I was in this messed up relationship with a guy. Basically, long story short, he had a house in Yonkers. He let his best friend (a woman) and her son stay at his house because she didn't have a place to go.

Well, me being the understanding female I was, told him that I understood why he felt obligated to letting her stay because she was there for him when he was locked up and held him down financially during some really rough times. They knew each other for a very long time and he didn't want his friend out in the street with her son. His house was a 3 bedroom. So she had her own room, her son had his and my boyfriend had his. All fine and dandy.

The problems started when he would never invite me over to his house. I didn't understand why there was an issue of me coming over if there was nothing going on between them. I even told him I would like to meet her and her son. Maybe we could even all chill one day because I had a child around the same age as her son. He wasn't having it but swore on everything he loved that there was nothing going on in the house. I JUST WASN'T BUYING IT! I had only been to his house a total of 2 times during our relationship. The 1st time, she had not moved in yet. The 2nd time, I popped up unannounced (I made sure I wrote his address down on the low the first time) but the girl wasn't home.

Eventually, later on he admitted that they use to engage in sex when they first met. She may feel uncomfortable with me coming over to the house because she still harbored feeling for him and he didn't want to be around the tension that she would create if she saw me. However, he threw me another curve ball when he told me that his house was also her house. Her name was on the papers because she helped him buy the house.

Sooooooooooooooooooo..yeah...that's a brief history behind the poem. Just thought I share because it brought back memories.

THE NEXT BITCH


Why is it always the next bitch?
Whether it be ex-girlfriend or friend

Why is it always the next bitch?
That seems to make my man someone who I cannot depend

Why is it always the next bitch?
The reason why I stay alone waiting

Why is it always the next bitch?
That always seems to need my man while I sit at home contemplating

Why is it always the next bitch?
That forces me to be the bigger woman and just try to understand
Understand why I can’t come around
He’s afraid that she will look me up and down

Why should I be so understanding?
When it seems like the next bitch is number 1, 2 and sometimes 3 who always comes before me …causing my feelings to be less of a priority

Why should I understand?
When your story I’m not buying

The trust between us is clearly only one-sided
Leaving our love at risk because I think your lying

There’s something more to this story you’re not telling
It’s okay baby because you will see

That these bitches that you keep putting before me
Will be the reason for the breakdown of every existence of me...
In your life

Fellas, don’t let that next bitch, whether ex-girlfriend or friend, blind you from what the NEXT nigga WILL see

That the FIRST, NEXT and LAST Bitch in his life should and will always be ME.


*INDIE*

3 comments:

RAEthoven said...

o00o0oh chile. this struck a nerve.

U BRING ME JOI said...

nice poem.... i remember i had some issues with the 'next bitch' being an actual 'ex bitch'- so i was understanding and now the 'next/ex bitch' isn't even a thought in his head....

sometimes men have to learn on their own but they have to be honest with themselves on what it is that they truly want.... he was an a$$ and missed out on a good woman! no big deal because the 'next nigga' will hopefully see what he didn't ;-)

The DIVA said...

He must have been an a$$ for that poem to be written!
Very deep!