1.17.2009

your second self...

alter-ego: latin for "the other I". a second personality or persona within a person. a person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.


Tupac had one. Beyonce has one.


There are times when it sneaks up and scares the shit outta you, but then there are other times when you totally change into it - consciously.

It may bring out the best in you - or the bad and freaky side.

It can help you in some cases and hurt you in others.

Have you met your alter-ego? If so, did you name it?


What is it you do when you're being your second self...?



Something to think about right? I know.


Karrie.

5 comments:

pink said...

oooh child . . . I am . . . Pink Monkey lol . . . Thats my alter ego . . I normally love being in my pjs eating ice cream preferably cold stone or haagen dasz watching my HBO on demand but PINK MONKEY loves to dress up makeup wigs and all put on the lil dress with the high stilettos go out to the clubs and take a whole bunch of pics and party the night away.

I hate the spotlight but Pink always gets it . . . sigh that GOD i am a writer and can channel this trouble maker for the good

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

First of all, this new layout is super cute and Fab...just like you beautiful ladies...

...okay, my second self is very uninhibited in every way.

U BRING ME JOI said...

lol.... yeah i have an alter ego and like 'pink' she loves the flashing lights....

i'm sure my real self would love to just be with my man, rest, watch movies, eat junk food and blog- or am i getting the two mixed up?!

DRStar* said...

Yes.. D Renee is my alter ego..She will not stop until the world knows who she is..It scares me because I feel I might lose Dominique aka Damo when she is finaly out and exposed. But I know I have my fam n true friends that will keep me grounded and humble..

NightFall914 said...

Interesting reading all of your views of alter egos. Has the "alter ego" ever gotten you in trouble before?

Smh,I can say I have about 3 specific other ego's.All of which that have had their moments.lol